Friday, December 12, 2008

Man Tears: Vol. 1


MAN TEARS are those that are shed in the presence of events or actions which are totally awesome, ultra-inspirational, or just down right manly. These tears are typically disposed of as fast as possible, unless by doing so the man unit in question would bring attention to the act thereof.

Today I came across a clip from a movie which inspired me to start this series of postings. I'm not saying I teared from the coolness of this clip, but I will say that if you have, I understand. I'm talking about the speech Captain Ramsey delivers to the crew of the Alabama before they ship off in Crimson Tide.

While this certainly isn't at the top of my list of awesome movie moments, or even the best speech before a battle, I hope you'll agree that there's something fantastic about watching a bunch of guys standing at attention in the pouring rain while their leader inspires them to give him all they have. Great acting, great score, great movie.

If you've seen it, I hope you enjoy watching it again. If you haven't seen this movie, do it now. Fall out.

No comments: